Having clean windows will make the inside and outside of the home look better. Additionally, you may feel happier when seeing your windows clean. Although it can be a time-consuming task, it is worth it in the end. Chicago Window Pros is the top window replacement company in the Chicagoland area offering top-notch window replacement service.
- Exterior Windows – Rinse away any dirt from the outside with a garden hose or wipe them down to remove any dirt.
- Remove exterior window dirt, grime and stains – The exterior of the home can endure all sorts of elements, minerals, water runoff, animal droppings and more. Over time, it can become a challenge to remove the grime from the windows. To remove any mineral deposits, dampen a sponge and use a mineral deposit remover and proceed to clean the windows. For any stains, you can put vinegar on the stain and let stand for several minutes before rubbing the stain off with a cloth.
- Remove stickers – Removing stickers or other sticky substances from windows can be a difficult task. Spray the sticky area with water and let stand for a few minutes, use a scraper and apply some pressure and scrape upwards to attempt to get underneath the stickers. Once you remove the stickers or sticky substance, use a towel to wipe the area dry.
- Clean the window screens – Every time you clean the windows, it would make sense to clean the screens too. You can easily clean the screens by removing them and vacuuming them to remove dirt, then spray the screens with water or soapy water and wipe them down.
- Interior Windows – Clean the windows inside the home by making sure you get the entire window area including the frames and windows. You can make your own soapy water by making a dish soap mixture in a spray bottle. To clean the windows, you can use a cloth, paper towels or newspaper. Using a squeegee will help to remove any excess water and streaks.Window Cleaner Solution – You can make your own window cleaning solution by mixing 2 cups of water, ¼ cup of rubbing alcohol, ¼ cup of vinegar plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
It is recommended to thoroughly clean the inside and outside windows at least twice a year to keep them looking nice while keeping the home cleaner. In addition, it will help keep the windows lasting longer because you would be removing the dirt and grime build up. When windows are cleaned, it will give you the feeling of having new replacement windows, too. Chicago Window Pros can evaluate your windows and see if you need new windows for your home.
Chicago Window Pros is highly regarded as the Chicagoland area’s leading window replacement company providing top-notch windows at affordable prices. To schedule a convenient appointment or to receive a window replacement estimate (888) 308-9050. You can also request a FREE QUOTE through our contact page.