Windows are the best feature of any home because they let light and air inside. The only thing windows do not provide and that is privacy and without some type of window covering or treatment, anyone would be able to see inside the home from the outside. Privacy is important, and its best to take the time needed to choose the best window coverings to obtain the amount of privacy that they wish to have. Regardless of your taste, there are many different window privacy options available.
There are many different options to choose from to cover your windows:
- Curtains are an ideal option because not only are they attractive, but they can also be used with blinds or shades. There are many options available for curtains; styles, textures, colors fabrics and more. You can go from sheer curtains to let in some light or total privacy with thicker curtains.
- Blinds are perfect for privacy and are available in different colors and styles. You can choose from horizontal blinds or vertical blinds in a range of different materials like vinyl, plastic or wood. Many blinds can be purchased to fit common sized windows or can easily be customized to fit.
- Shades are related to blinds with the main difference being they don’t come with slats and are generally made with some sort of fabric. Shades can offer some light but tend to offer more privacy.
- Textured Glass or Frosted Glass is a popular and stylish way to provide privacy especially in the bathroom. Rather than being smooth, you can also get a textured finish. Therefore, you cannot see through this style of glass because everything is distorted. Commonly, you will find this type of glass on shower doors or bathroom windows.
- Window Film or Window Decals can provide privacy for front doors, bathrooms and shower doors. They are made to be easy to install and remove yourself.
- Exterior Window Privacy Screens are an ideal option for windows like bathrooms mainly because they allow you to open the window while still having privacy. These window privacy screens normally have slats and can be installed on the outside of the building.
- Interior Shutters or another option for privacy that can be found in kitchens or bathrooms. Shutters are like doors for windows that feature slats on them. You can also get shutters where there is a rod in the center of the slats, so you can open or close the slats on the shutters without fully opening or closing the shutter doors.
There are many different options for window privacy whether looking for total privacy, partial privacy or privacy when you want. With so many different options available to match any home and décor, it makes having privacy from your windows so much easier.
Throughout the Chicagoland area, Chicago Window Pros is regarded as being the Chicago area’s top window replacement company supplying top-notch windows at affordable prices. It’s simple, just give us a call today to schedule your free window replacement estimate (888) 308-9050. You can also request a FREE QUOTE through our contact page.