Do you think calling a window replacement company is a good idea if you see condensation on your windows? Although it may be shocking to see your windows building up moisture or “sweating,” window industry experts suggest being familiar with the causes of condensation before searching for options.
What is Condensation?
Condensation takes place when warm, moist air reaches cooler types of surface. Though condensation may be prevalent during winter or colder months, it can occur anytime and even happen on high-quality windows.
How to Reduce Condensation on Windows?
Provided that your windows are high-quality and appropriately installed, you do not need to be concerned about anything if you see moisture inside of the window. But, if you are irritated with the amount of condensation in your home, there are a few straightforward ways to minimize it:
• Keep drapes and blinds open.
• Turn up the A/C or heat in your home to decrease humidity.
• Use quality vapor barriers to protect the dirt floor in the crawlspace.
• Minimize the number of houseplants and aquariums within your home.
• Try to keep houseplants in a sunny room and avoid over-watering them.
• If you have a fireplace, keep firewood outside your home instead of in it.
• Keep your home well-ventilated by using ceiling fans to strengthen air circulation or run exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom when cooking and showering.
These are just a handful of ways you can decrease condensation on your windows. If you are concerned or would like to have a window professional look at your windows, please contact Chicago Window Pros and we will have a professional look at your windows.
Chicago Window Pros is regarded as the Chicago area’s main window replacement company delivering top-notch windows at affordable prices. Just call us today to schedule your free window replacement estimate. Contact us at: (888) 308-9050, today. You can also request a FREE QUOTE through our contact page.